- UPDATE 1-China's factory sector unexpectedly shrinks in January February 1, 2015BEIJING, Feb 1 (Reuters) - Activity in China's factory sector contracted in January for the first time in more than two years, an official survey showed, a far worse result than expected that will...
- Firms prepare for new tax rules as China vows crackdown February 1, 2015BEIJING, Feb 1 (Reuters) - The Chinese government's vow to increase tax scrutiny of foreign companies has sent firms rushing to tax advisors ahead of the implementation on Sunday of new rules...
- REFILE--China official PMI falls to 49.8, lowest in over two years February 1, 2015BEIJING, Feb 1 (Reuters) - Activity in China's factory sector contracted in January for the first time in more than two years, an official survey showed on Sunday, which will increase gloom about the...
- Japan farming reforms a stiff test of Abe's resolve February 1, 2015* Some fear Abe could backtrack to avoid clash before local elections
- UPDATE 4-U.S. regulators recall 2.1 million vehicles in new air bag issue February 1, 2015Jan 31 (Reuters) - The auto industry's air bag troubles deepened on Saturday as U.S. federal safety regulators said three big automakers will recall about 2.1 million older vehicles to fix defects...
- Lafarge SA, Holcim near deal to sell $7 bln in assets to CRH -WSJ January 31, 2015WASHINGTON, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Cement companies Lafarge SA and Holcim Ltd are nearing a deal to sell at least $7 billion worth of assets to Ireland's CRH PLC, the Wall Street Journal reported on...
- RPT-New Jersey's Revel Casino sale delayed while judge reviews appeal January 31, 2015PHILADELPHIA, Jan 31 (Reuters) - A U.S. federal appeals court has delayed the sale of the shuttered Revel Casino in Atlantic City pending an appeal by a company that ran its nightclub and boardwalk...
- UPDATE 2-Anti-euro German AfD party aims to end leadership dispute January 31, 2015* AfD not small-time bowling club or 'rabbit-breeding society'
- UPDATE 2-Greece seeks to reassure Europe as tensions rise January 31, 2015* ECB governor warns banks risk funding if no accord reached (Releads with call to ECB, adds details)
- Greek PM Tsipras calls ECB's Draghi to reassure over talks January 31, 2015ATHENS, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras called ECB President Mario Draghi to reassure him that his new government wanted a solution with international partners over its demands...
- Crisis veteran Naimi stays to hold line on Saudi oil policy - Reuters India February 1, 2015Reuters IndiaCrisis veteran Naimi stays to hold line on Saudi oil policyReuters IndiaSaudi Arabia's Oil Minister Ali al-Naimi talks to journalists before a meeting of OPEC oil ministers at OPEC's headquarters in Vienna November 27, 2014. Credit: Reuters/Heinz-Peter Bader/Files. Related Topics. Business » · PICTURE GALLERY.OPEC production rises as members stand firmSaudi Gazetteall 127 news […]
- Q4 GDP Slow Down Temporary or Sign of Things to Come - PFhub February 1, 2015PFhubQ4 GDP Slow Down Temporary or Sign of Things to ComePFhubHoliday sales, widespread travels and the Christmas spirit couldn't save the United States economy in the fourth quarter of last year as the gross domestic product took a dive, surprising many analysts who expected higher growth. According to the Department ...GDP growth rate tumbles. Have we […]
- China Factory Gauge Sinks to First Contraction in Two Years - Bloomberg February 1, 2015TODAYonlineChina Factory Gauge Sinks to First Contraction in Two YearsBloomberg(Bloomberg) -- A Chinese manufacturing gauge sank to a more than two-year low in January, adding pressure on the government to stimulate an economy that last year expanded at the slowest pace since 1990. The government's Purchasing Managers' ...UPDATE 1-China's factory sector unexpectedly shrinks in JanuaryReutersChina official […]
- Balloonists create history, touch down after epic journey - TVNZ February 1, 2015CNNBalloonists create history, touch down after epic journeyTVNZAn audacious trip across the Pacific Ocean came to an end as two accomplished pilots safely touched down in the water just off the coast of Mexico in their helium-filled balloon after shattering two long-standing records. Troy Bradley of Albuquerque and ...Gas-filled balloon completes record-breaking Pacific flightDaily MailBalloonists break […]
- McDonald's asking customers to pay with 'lovin' instead of money - WQAD.com February 1, 2015New York Daily NewsMcDonald's asking customers to pay with 'lovin' instead of moneyWQAD.comThe commercial that McDonald's will be airing during Super Bowl XLIX tells viewers that for a short while, some customers will be asked to pay with “lovin” instead of money for their McMeals. In the ad the customers are obviously caught off guard […]
- Near mid-air collision at New York airport investigated - Stuff.co.nz February 1, 2015TIMENear mid-air collision at New York airport investigatedStuff.co.nzThe Federal Aviation Administration is investigating a near-midair collision between two planes by an airport north of New York City. WABC reports that JetBlue Flight 94 had begun its descent into Westchester County Airport on Sunday afternoon when its ...FAA Investigates Nearly Midair Collision of Two PlanesSMN WeeklyJetBlue Flight […]
- Shake Shack shares more than double on first day - SFGate February 1, 2015SFGateShake Shack shares more than double on first daySFGateNEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 30: A man takes a photo of a free Shake Shack hamburger he got outside the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) during the burger company's IPO on January 30, 2015 in New York City. Hamburger chain Shake Shack rose more ...Shake Shack shares […]
- Greece hires Lazard to advise on debt - Financial Times January 31, 2015euronewsGreece hires Lazard to advise on debtFinancial TimesThe Greek government has hired US investment bank Lazard to advise it on its debt burden as it prepares to enter talks with the troika of international lenders that has overseen its four-year bailout programme. Since the far-left Syriza party won last weekend's ...ECB official says Greek lending could […]
- Google earnings miss estimates, stock sinks - SFGate January 31, 2015SFGateGoogle earnings miss estimates, stock sinksSFGateGoogle is in the habit of missing analysts' earnings targets, frustrating investors who believe the online search leader would be more profitable it didn't pour so much money into far-flung projects like Internet-connected eyewear and driverless cars. The latest ...Where's the payoff for Google investors?Business StandardCramer: Google's not done rallying yetCNBCOverheard: […]
- UPDATE 1-Brazil's Bradesco says ready to weather corporate defaults - Reuters January 30, 2015Bidness ETCUPDATE 1-Brazil's Bradesco says ready to weather corporate defaultsReuters(Recasts to add details on Petrobras downgrade, comments on defaults, provisions and expenses throughout). SAO PAULO Jan 30 (Reuters) - Banco Bradesco SA is prepared to weather an expected wave of corporate defaults and debt restructurings in ...Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras SA (ADR) (NYSE:PBR) Falls Down to Knees […]